Adoptable Pets of the Week at Mantua PetSmart
Call (856) 318-6870 for more information about our adoptions!
Pip is an amazingly friendly and gentle 3 year old. This boy is a great catch for any family!
Shelah is a vocal 3 year old with lots of affection that loves head and belly rubs. She tends to be a little scared of young kids and would love a home with older children or adults.
Jacob is an adorable 1 year old boy that would love a lap to sit on and a family to love. A family with him in it is guaranteed to be a happy one!
Springtime Safety Tips
Spring has sprung, and with the change of season, our thoughts turn to Easter celebrations, spring cleaning, and much-needed home improvement projects. Before you embark on seasonal chores or outdoor revelry, take inventory of potential springtime hazards for your furry friends.
- Keep lilies and candy in check -chocolate goodies are toxic to cats and dogs, and all true lilies can be fatal if ingested by cats. Be mindful that kitties love to nibble on colorful plastic grass, which can lead to an obstructed digestive tract, severe vomiting, and dehydration. Moreover, while live bunnies, chicks, and other festive animals are adorable, resist the urge to buy them -these cute babies grow up fast and often require specialized care!
- Many pet parents welcome the breezy days of spring by opening their windows. Unfortunately, they also unknowingly put their pets at risk -especially cats who are apt to jump or fall through unscreened windows. Be sure to install snug and sturdy screens in all of you windows.
- Spring cleaning is a time-honored tradition in many households, but be sure to keep all cleaners and chemicals out of your pets’ way! Almost all cleaning products, even the natural ones, contain chemicals that may be harmful to pets. The key to using them safely is to read and follow label directions for proper use and storage.
- Pet parents, take care -fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides keep our plants and lawns healthy and green, but their ingredients may be dangerous if your pet ingests them. Always store these products in out-of-the-way places and follow label instructions carefully. Many popular springtime plants -including rhododendron and azaleas- are also highly toxic to pets and can prove fatal if eaten.
- Like us, pets can be allergic to foods, dust, plants, and pollen. Allergic reactions in dogs and cats can cause itching, minor sniffing and sneezing, or life-threatening anaphylactic shock to insect bites and stings. If you suspect your pet has a springtime allergy, please visit your veterinarian as soon as possible.
- April showers bring May flowers -and an onslaught of bugs! Make sure your pet is on year-round heartworm prevention medication, as well as a flea and tick control program. Ask your doctor to recommend a plan designed specifically for your pet.